Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Adventures in Make Up - March 22, 2020 - Day 1


Make Up Adventure Day 1



Wow. that is a hell of a lot of make up for me. 

Before any make up went onto my skin, I had to "prep" it, with skin care stuff....

I started out with Passport Tibetan Goji Berry Anti-Aging Eye Serum
Then, I applied Youth to the People, Kale + Spinach Green Tea Hyaluronic Acid


Next up was Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector



Then I started working on the actual make up part.

Up first Concealer for under my eyes.   Today's choice It Bye Bye Under Eye


The package says that it's full coverage, Anti-Aging Waterproof concealer.   It did take way some of the darkness, but I think it caked a little in my lines.   I will need to figure this out more.   I'm sure there is a "how to" in my future.

Next came Covergirl CG Smoothers, Hydrating Makeup Foundation.

Usually I use a tinted moisturizer from CG, but sometimes you need a little more coverage, and I bought this a while ago, and never used it.  So it's officially "in the mix".

It was a bit thick, so I had to "bounce it" on my skin using the original beauty blender

Next up, I decided to try a Shimmer Bronzer in place of blush.  Hikari Shimmer Bronzer - color is Flush

This is absolutely an item that I need a tutorial on.  I have no clue how to properly use it. It's also has a hell of a lot of shimmer.  Maybe too much for me.



Next up.  Coconut Balm Dot Com by Glossier

I use the untinted, and this isn't a "new" experimental product for me - this is something that is a staple for me, and usually goes on every morning after I brush my teeth and before I do anything else.

Then I lined my lips using Lord & Berry Nude Lip Liner #3035
which is something I never do... but thought I should give it a go.


To be honest, when I first got this pencil, I thought it was for my eyebrows... it sat for months before I realized that it's a lip liner.   Cool color by the way.

And to fill in my lips... NYX Butter Lipstick in Lifeguard
and I rarely, if ever wear lipstick... so this was sort of an experience also.   I thought the color would be much darker than it actually turned out. (Happy surprise!)



Then it was time to apply my eye shadow primer.   This is also a staple for me on days when  I do wear eyeshadow, because it seems to smudge off, and using a primer sets it.  I am a long time fan girl of Urban Decay Eye Primer - Enigma

I use another color too(which I'm blanking on but I'm sure will surface in upcoming posts) this is just the basic color one, which may or may not have a new name at this point.


In an attempt to be "fancy"  eyeliner was also a must.   Today's pick  Ciate Fierce Flicks Liquid Liner
I have had pretty good luck with this stuff.  Not quite as water proof as Urban Decay's (which will make an appearance soon) but pretty happy with it.



Then I spread various colors about on my eye lids from the Doucce Nude Eye Finish Pro Palette
I tested out Amanda (84) Natalie (90) Ariana (80) and Aspen (79) and then used a little bit of the Solstice (3) to round it out.

To make sure my effort wasn't wasted, I spritzed on some Tarte Stay Spray

I am actually pretty familiar with finishing sprays, however I recently switched to Tarte from Urban Decay... I'm not 100% sure I like it as much as All Nighter from Urban Decay, but I have two bottles of it from one of my make up subscriptions, so I figure I better use it.   So far, so good.  But the weather hasn't been warm.

And then last but not least, I finished off with mascara.  Todays pick. Urban Decay Troublemaker


I am a long time lover of Urban Decay Mascara, but I have to say.. THIS ONE SUCKS.   The box claims that it is sex proof. Bah!  It's not even mild hot flash proof.     Still, I am trying to use it up. I typically use a different wand that I love to try to spread my lashes, as this clumps and is not user friendly.

And one final shot..... And no laughing at my hair.  Given the Shelter in Place order, I  have also decided that I am going to try to rehab my hair, by using as little product (if any at all) and minimal styling heat to see if I can improve the health of my hair before summer. 



No comments: